Simply Lauren.

one day i'll write a book. but for now, this blog will do.

Thursday, June 08, 2006

Jersey's and World Cup

Yesterday I spent a good two hours of my work day engrossed with the idea of creating uniforms for our softball team. Of course no one took initiative to get them done before the first game so I had to fill the place. Me and my co-worker Bernadette (who is TOTALLY my girl) were up to the task after we received the following email from my other friend Tim, who is also on the team:

"Our uniform consists of a white tee shirt that says on the front "(Name of my Company) Softball - 2006" in white lettering. There's also a picture of two polar bears eating marshmallows on it."

So you can see---our uniform sucked until I took over. I immediately did a quick google search on t-shirt printing places in New York City and found a really good one that was cheap. :) I found on there that they also made baseball shirts. Our company's "colors" are forest green and white, so we decided that the shirts would have the forest green 3/4 length sleeves and then white on the rest. Then on the front, in the handwriting like the Dodgers logo but with our company name instead. Also in the little tail that underlines the name of my company, we are going to write "PIM" which is the division we all work in. It looks so BANGIN'! I also got a free shirt out of it. The Captain, who is also mad cool, said since I did all the work, I can get a free shirt and that he would pay for it. Whooop. Who's your daddy?!

Can't wait for the Copa Mundial to start! Charlie has given me the bug. Hopefully a bunch of us will be at Summers watching the games on Saturday! I wanted to go to the pool and get a tan, but if the weather down in MD is anything like it is up here then, there is no goddamn way I'm getting a tan.

Sickness update: I went to bed early last night after watching "Fight Club" which every time I watch it, realize how fucked up that movie is. But the scenes when Brad Pitt is like half naked and fighting in that basement bar place are fine by me. I digress...Currently, one of my nostrils is completely blocked with snot---I can only breathe out of my right nostril. Hopefully a few hours with me sitting upright will clear the blockage and I'll be able to breathe like a normal person. I just blew my nose, and there was so much mucus that I had to stop. I was getting embarrassed by how long I was taking. God! IT's totally annoying!

I hope everyone has a glorious day!

Love,
Lauren

P.S. I have BBDs "Poison" stuck in my head. Thanks to YOU Charlie!

Shout-Outs
Derwood---you are the bomb. My blog is famous in multiple states. You are so great in leaving comments and thanks for all your nice words. I'm going to kick ass in softball today provided it's not rained out.
Ron D: thanks for making my phone bill so high from all those damn text message you send mt all the effing time. I went over my "limit" and now had to pay a butt load more than I normally do.
MC: I miss you. What's going on? How is your team?
Sagar: Hello---please communicate with me.
Beth and China: Have a safe flight to Vegas!
Alex: got your missed call last night---i'll be there on Sat! Tell Julia. :)

3 Comments:

  • At Thursday, June 08, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good luck on your game and the jerseys sound sweet. Way to take the initiative. I hope you feel better too.

    p.s. I can't wait for Sunday!

     
  • At Thursday, June 08, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thanks for the shout. I'll look forward to tomorrow's update on the softball game. Great call on the jerseys, even if you guys are a street competitor.

    I'll be in St. Louis all weekend watching the Copa. Trying to fix my flight home Monday so that I can either watch in MD or wait until the USA has kicked some Czech butt. Ole Ole Ole Ole...

     
  • At Friday, June 09, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    So after pains-takingly writing out the entire World Cup schedule I have come to the conclusion that I'm not supposed to watch pretty much any of the world cup. What happened to the 3am games!?! What's with all the noon and 3pm and 9am games during the week. Unacceptable. ::sigh::

     

Post a Comment

<< Home