Simply Lauren.

one day i'll write a book. but for now, this blog will do.

Friday, June 16, 2006

Smoking and Nasty Foods

Clarification: TaB Energy Drink is different than regular old-school TaB. However, I'm sure that TaB energy drink is probably equally as disgusting and horrid. Also, Mike noted that the Energy Drink is marketed toward women. Perhaps I'll try this at some point, to prove my point that all TaB products are heinous.

New York Smoking Laws:
So---you aren't allowed to smoke inside in bars and restaurants in New York City. This is a fantastic rule. If you go out for the night you don't have to immediately peel your dank smike-filled clothes off and toss them in the laundry. You don't even have to air them out---they smell normal, but depending on what you did that night, they may smell like dank beer. There is a problem with this rule however. Everyone is obsessed with smoking outside of buildings and in front of restaurants and bars which I walk past daily. I want to say that I love my commute. In fact, it's one of the nicer and calmer parts of the day. Except when the A/C is blowing right on me and I'm freezing the whole way there. Ok---I digress...I get off the bus and I have to walk two avenue's to work right? That's really not that far ok---but it seems like that it is everyone's special "smoking" time outside of every building I pass. I don't like the smell of smoke in the afternoon or at night, but I ESPECIALLY don't like inhaling it in the morning everyday. It is awful. My throat involuntarily closes up and nothing about my walk is "refreshing" or "calming". It is ruined by the smokers. So---Fuck you fuckers. I may be able to get "fresh" air inside now a days, but you have the rest of the world to pollute with your nasty dank ass cigarettes.

I still haven't figured out how to add pictures to this effing blog. They give you "instructions" and then I followed them and jack shit happened when the picture was supposed to appear. I think it was all a farce. A$$holes at blogger.com strike again.

So---Steve, the blogger I recently linked for you all---has a novel idea on his blog. I mentioned before I think, or if not, I'm going to repeat myself. He has this part where he eats REALLY nasty foods and then like "reviews" them. It is so barfalicious, but his commentary on the rancid foods, is HILARIOUS. I kind of want to copy his idea and do the same thing in my blog. There is one problem though----I don't like eating nasty foods. Some of the foods he eats are straight up wronchy...and I'm not sure if my stomach could handle it. I'll take comments on this idea.

I'm very excited that Emily is coming tonight. Tons of fun in the city this weekend!

I also wanted to mention that the other day when I was getting on the elevator at work---I saw a woman getting on in a sheet pink suit. Imagine this: think about having light light pink warm up pants, and then removing the lining. That is EXACTLY how this lady's suit was. The point of this story is that she wasn't wearing a thong and I could see straight through to her granny underwear. It was gross and what kind of idiot doesn't something like that?

I also wanted to say that the guy behind me in line at the Deli I often get lunch at ordered bologna on a roll. High school peeps: remember when everyday I would eat a bologna sandwich for lunch? Well, those times are over and I don't really like bologna anymore, b/c it reminds me of a cold hot dog and I don't really like cold hot dogs.

Alright, even though it's Friday I still have stuff to do. Cheers!

Love,
Lauren

2 Comments:

  • At Tuesday, October 16, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I can see bitching about "smoking" sections in restaurants. I agree, separation of the rooms by a three foot wall does not prevent smoke traveling into non-smoker lungs. Anyway, you won the indoor battle, and I am grateful for that. Now that you had nothing to bitch about, you had to choose something else. People smoking outside....come on.
    I got very sick from a bad batch of cinnamon rolls a couple years back, and to this day I cannot stand the smell of them. For arguments sake, lets say i walk by a bakery every morning, the smell makes me gag every step i take until i reach fresh air. How crazy would I sound bitching about the bad effects of baking cinammon rolls near my walkway, how dare they.
    Anyway, i know the analogy is very loose, considering the negative effects of cigarettes vs. cinammon rolls, but the point is there.
    There is a supply & demand for cigarettes, just as there is for cinammon rolls. People using both is a natural occurence in our everyday life. Everyone has a right to go have a cigarette, just as they have a right to get a cinammon roll. But until they start invading your personal property to have a cig. You have no reasoning to be irate. You have to remember that the rights laid down to provide their freedom to smoke, also provided your freedom to bitch.

     
  • At Tuesday, October 16, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I propose a trade, for every single person I get to quit smoking, you have to get a person to quit bitching.

    Also, all typing was meant in good fun. Commenting was strictly neutral for the most part, no harm was meant. I did tend to use "bitch" a lot. Anyway, thanks for the blog.
    dlconcepts@hotmail.com

     

Post a Comment

<< Home