Simply Lauren.

one day i'll write a book. but for now, this blog will do.

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Running and Dream

On Tuesday night I had a Children's Aid Society event---it was a "thank-you" event for the volunteers. It was bowling. I have come to the realization that I SUCK at bowling. I consider myself a relatively athletic person, so thinking about a "sport" that I SUCK at, is unnerving. My forearm is pretty sore, even today, two days later. I"m just all busted up.

Last night was the Chase Corporate Challenge, this huge 30,000 person race in Central Park. It was 3.5 miles. I did OK. I don't run raced often/ever----so it was a good experience. I walked home to stretch out my muscles after the race and went home----I was SOOOOO tired. I passed out at 10. I didn't sleep well in my room b/c it was so hot. I went to go sleep on the couch and totally was out in like 2 miliseconds---then at 3am I woke up and went back to my bed, realized the reason I was so hot was b/c the fan was pointing in the wrong directon and not into my room. So---I'm just feeling generally sleep deprived and tired. I also just have so much stuff to do.

I had a really strange dream last night. I dreamt that I had to go back to Eastern to play in this honors band thing---Beth went with me, even though she didn't go to Eastern. Mr. McIntyre was the band teacher, just like when I was there and I had to go to the band room and get my instrument. Kevin Wiseman was there with other kids from his year, like Aniel and Some other kid that in the dream was SO familiar and now I can't remember ANYTHING about him. They were just the sort of people that Kevin would have been friends with in middle school. Eva was also there. She had found this table that we both graffitied on---and it was still there. Then I had to go to band practice. And---I went into the classroom but I remembered I had forgotten my flute. I had to use one of the school flutes and it was gross. Then I woke up.

So the US just lost to Ghana. Sorry guys, it was a good fight. My favorite part of World Cup games is when at the end all of the players take off their shirts and show off their HOT abs.

I've been really busy. Sorry for the lack of postings.

Softball game tonight---no rain---no reschedule. :)

Have a great rest of the day everyone!

xo,
Lauren

1 Comments:

  • At Monday, June 26, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I don't think you'll ever play softball - nothing but rain in the northeast.

    Way to go with the Chase Cup - I've heard about that before and Central Park becomes a mad house. I'm proud of you.

    US/Ghana - we are weak! We play soccer, the rest of the world plays football. Italy helped us and we failed to deliver. It seems like we just keep letting down our fans and as a result, the sport will never be more than a back page filler in the Sports Section. But I'll watch the rest of the Copa Mundial and can't wait to see what we'll do in 2010.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home