Simply Lauren.

one day i'll write a book. but for now, this blog will do.

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Weekend and Surprise Gem

Happy Spanish Independence Day! (that one's for you Bethy)

Golly---to me it basically feels like Thursday, but really it's not even close to being Thursday. *sigh*

R.I.P Garbo: you were always a sweet dog and I'm sorry that you aren't with us anymore.

I want to say that I'm famous. Last week I submitted a "overheard" conversation to "Overheard in the Office" and it was printed last night. The person who the brokers are talking about last night was me. I thought it was a funny conversation, and since they were referring to me----it makes it that much more special. So check it out if you have a chance. :)

I guess I should talk about this weekend a bit. On Friday night, i played it low key----i ate fajitas with Katie and Karen down at 99John. It was good times, really low key. We got drunk on wine and watched the remake of the parent trap. Yep---Lindsay Lohan in her prime. (read: not now, but when she was actually cute) Saturday, I had to hang around the apartment and wait for the freezer guy to come, which was annoying b/c I really wanted to take a shower, but I didn't know when he was going to come and I didn't want to be caught naked. Hmm....he came in and was all taking apart my freezer (the part that is broken) and said that there was ice buildup and that's why it doesn't work and the fan that cools the freezer was frozen stopped. So he started to chip away at the ice and eventually got the fan to start working----but it was making this AWFUL sound. SO he said that after I defrosted the refridgerator and it still was making the bad sound, to call him and he'll replace the fan next Saturday. So---of COURSE I defrost the freezer and get all the ice out of there and the fan still sounds like it's murdering some animal in there....I have to wait another week until I get a freezer that works.

Jess, her mom, and her aunt and uncle and I went to the MOMA to see the Edvard Munch exhibit. It was really great. We then of course, looked at all the other great art on the other floors. I pigged out at this diner and then again with Jess' cousin Nick at a restaurant. I was so full. I'm surprised I ate anything yesterday! It was a great time!

Sunday was Lauren day. I went to church and then randomly found a street fair on the west side, I ate some sweet potato fries and then meandered around into Barnes and Noble. It was a really beautiful day so I didn't mind walking around. Then I went and saw "When Fried Eggs Fly" a move at the Tribeca Film Festival. It was totally great. It was a documentary about this public school in the village that took on this community wide music project where the kids, parents, and teachers wrote the lyrics, created the melody, and played instruments. The cool thing about it other than the fact that kids are hilarious, was that all the kids were in the audience that were in the movie. It was great. Then I went home and worked on stuff for the Boys and Girls club.

So the Catholic Church is rethinking the condom ban, reports the New York Times. They are taking a AIDS stance, in order to "protect life within a marraige". Wonder what is going to happen? Anyway, I thought that was an interesting bit of information.

Something that is annoying me right now is my left contact. I took it out this morning and put it back in and just now at work I did the same thing. It's sort of bothering my eye----wait----well, it actually sort of stopped. It feels like there is some sort of "irregularity" in my contact and it's like making me totally annoyed. Hopefully it will go away fully. I just said it sort of stopped, but I was lying.


THE GEM OF THE DAY---> JESSE KOVACH'S WEBSITE!!!
http://www.jkovach.net/

hahahahahahaha! it's so lame.

I thought of some new pranks. Let me know if you want to hear about them. Apparently the pee disk was a popular one. I guess, try not to get on my bad side, or else I could do it to you. Ron, watch out.

Happy Tuesday!

Love,
Lauren

3 Comments:

  • At Tuesday, May 02, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    lauren-- i must say that from the bottom of my heart im proud of you for making it into another blog. thats fantastic.

    also, i very much want to hear about the new pranks so that i can watch out for them. i don't trust you yet.

     
  • At Tuesday, May 02, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I think it's pivital for our training that we hear about these new pranks

     
  • At Tuesday, May 02, 2006, Blogger Simply Lauren. said…

    new pranks tomorrow...
    i promise guys. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home