Simply Lauren.

one day i'll write a book. but for now, this blog will do.

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Weekend Update and other Tid Bits

I'm annoyed already this morning and it's so early. I went to hop in the shower and the water was ICE. Not even remotely warm. It was ice cold. So I was pissed. Normally I would frantically run to the gym to get a hot shower but I was way too tired this morning to muster up any energy of the sort. So I'm feeling gross right now.

The Weekend with Stephanie:
It was so great to have her up for the weekend. Uninturrupted sister time. It was great! We pretty much walked all over Manhattan--I tried to give her a taste of all the different 'hoods in NYC.

Friday Night: walked up and down Madison Avenue---window shopped, got chinese takeout and stuffed out faces in my apt, went and saw American Dreamz.*

*a note about American Dreamz: it was good and cute but it seemed like it was made in like one hour. It wasn't that deep and the storyline was a bit strange. I never saw the trailer but I'd be interested to now that I've seen it. Save your money.

Saturday: woke up and went to H&H for Bagels, took subway downtown to Union Square, walked all around there---into SoHo (oh 008 people----I FINALLY found that shoe store I kept talking about, you know the one with the cheap Saucony's), then the WTC and Canal Sreet, went back uptown----ate leftover Chinese Food---watched My Big Fat Greek Wedding to "decompress", as Stephanie says. Then we made a reservation at this little cute Italian place around the corner from my house. We went to the Met to see the Hatshepsut exhibit---was SO awesome. You should def go and see it. Then we ate at around 9. The food was so yummy and we ended up staying really late and eating with the matire'd and the owner/chef. They were so great! They gave us free wine and coffee. We finally got home around 1:30am. I passed out but Stephanie was way too wired from the coffee to actually fall asleep.

Sunday: it was pouring outside, which sucked. But we thought it would be a good idea to walk across the park to Church anyway. It was like a total downpour. We were both SOAKING wet when we got into church. Though the service was nice and we were glad we went. Stephanie wanted to go to Tiffany's and get a ring she's always wanted. So----we walked down through Columbus Circle and then down 5th ave to Tiffs. It was cool. Finally we hopped on the subway to home. We grabbed pizza slices and then took an hour nap. * When we woke up---we walked down to the Container Store and bought some organizing things for my apartment, namely the coat closet and my bathroom. Then we walked (painfully) back home again. We did however, stop and get Jamba Juice before heading home. Organizing is a Hanson specialty and we totally worked as a team getting rid of old clothes and fixing up my limited space closet. Very excellent bonding time. Then, both exhausted, we sat around watching Napoleon Dynamite waiting for Cem to come get her. As soon as she left, I was asleep.

*a note about the nap: we were both really exhausted after like two days of walking non-stop. We were sore and completely spent. I'm surprised we even made it this far.

What a fun weekend! Whoo----

Funny Quotes:

While in the Hatshepsut exhibit at the Met...
Stephanie: Do you think they could find some DNA on these things? I bet they can. You know...SOMETHING that we could look at.
Lauren: No, well---they would have to find a tooth or a hair follicle and even if you have that---after like 100 years, they are no good. So these are pretty much out of the question.
Stephanie: You're right.
Lauren: Besides, even if they did find something, what would they do? Look it up in the database?!

Walking along the street...
Stephanie: (pointing at Tasti-D-Lite) So, do you go in that candy store a lot?
Lauren: No, it's actually more of an ice cream place. But I hate it, I think the ice cream tastes like acid.
Stephanie: Is that good?
Lauren: I mean, maybe you like the taste of acid, but I don't.
------------------------------------------
I broke it off with the "sultan suitor" as Jess likes to call it. Yeah---no good.

Last Thursday I saw my Chiropractor----and we just kicked it. I was having a weird day, probably b/c sultan kept calling me at work and creeping me out. Plus, I was having one of those general poopy days. He made me feel better. :)

Attention Cool/Normal/Around my age/good looking Guys: I'm available. Please inquire within. Thanks. Any of the following need not apply:
1. if you are retired or about to retire
2. are conservative
3. are generally a loser
4. are too touchy feely right away on the first date
5. haven't left the country
6. are close-minded
7. overall sucky
8. boring
9. not funny
10. have never been to a museum before

Shout Outs:
Britt: Are you alive? Please call me back! Are you in NY? Are you in MD? Did you get my Bday card? Hello?!?
Stephanie: Best sister ever. I love you.
Beth and LB: so excited about hanging out tomorrow night! Going to be awesome!
Leah: great talking to you last night. :) can't wait to see you again!!
Alexi: please call me. I have to tell you something HILARIOUS
Carolyn: sorry about Gus. :(


In Other News: Kate and Bryan are engaged. It is crazy. I'm very excited for them. But it's such overwhelming news. Congrats again guys!

More fun adventures coming up!

Love,
Lauren

P.S I know I said yesterday that I was going to write about the Boys and Girls Club, but I'll write about that later---it's too much for one entry. Sorry!

4 Comments:

  • At Tuesday, April 25, 2006, Blogger caroserey said…

    It sounds like you had a really good weekend with Stephanie. Are you seeing the chiro again this week?

     
  • At Tuesday, April 25, 2006, Blogger Simply Lauren. said…

    Chiro Update: he emailed me this morning this cute email about how my weekend was. I might see him this week---not sure yet. :)

     
  • At Tuesday, April 25, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    we should go shopping for label makers sometime. i'm interested in them too.

    girl you are talkin straight jive.

     
  • At Tuesday, April 25, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ______********______********_____
    ___***______***__***____ __***___
    __***_________****_________***__
    _***__________ _**___________***_
    _***________________________***_
    _*** _________ThAnKs_________ ***_
    __***_______For Getting_______***__
    ___***_________Me_________***___
    ___ _***______Pregnant______***___
    ______***______________*** ______
    ________***__________***________
    __________****____**** __________
    _____________******_____________
    ____________ ___**______________

     

Post a Comment

<< Home