Simply Lauren.

one day i'll write a book. but for now, this blog will do.

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Pigeons and Softball

Good morning!
I know your morning was better than mine for sure because you have hot water and you don't have to take a shower at the gym at 5:30am. Right?

So last night I wanted to go to the gym, generally---to work out, not specifically to take a shower. But then I got lazy (shocking) and didn't want to move at all. I just wanted to stay at home and read or something. Well, it was more like--stay at home and bullshit around with Mike and Aliza. :) Anyway. I desperately needed to take a shower since yesterday I didn't and my hair was like an oil factory. So---I had Aliza call me at 5am to wake me up. And, anyone who knows me knows that if I hear the phone ringing and I'm sleeping or like trying to fall asleep, I will not answer it. The other times, I actually can't hear the phone. But---I did answer the phone at 5am this morning. I wasn't actually THAT tired though. I had gone to bed relatively early. I realize immediatly that no working out is going to happen at the gym and instead, it will be the sort of thing where I walk in, strip, take a shower, and leave. I did just that. I slept for a few more minutes and then sauntered up the street to the gym. The guy at the front desk must have known that I didn't work out. SInce I came in with oily hair and left with wet hair and with a bit more spring in my step. I don't even really give a shit what he thought. Though it is pretty lame that I got my ass out of bed to go to the gym and then didn't even really work out. The membership has been worth it already based on the number of times I've JUST used their shower there when my ghetto apartment doesn't have hot water randomly. But I think this will be the last time for a while since they are actually replacing the boiler.

So recently the pigeons that hang out around my windows and fire escape have gotten a little rowdier than normal. First, let it be on the record that I hate pigeons. I hate them almost as much as I hate masks. Which, as you know, is a lot. Pigeons are the bane of my existence and to be honest, if they were removed from the earth--- my window sill and fire escape, at the very least, would be a lot cleaner. Moving on, they sit right outside my kitchen window and like flutter around and make annoying hooting sounds all the time. It's so obnoxious. There are like 3 of them hanging out and fluttering and like flapping all over the damn place. My usual tactic is to bang something against the window, it scares them, and they ultimately fly away. I did that this morning in the bathroom but not one thing happened! They just kept flapping around totally ignoring me! How RUDE! I hate pigeons. Oh, so the point of this story was that I just looked up online right now why they might be behaving in such a strange and obnoxious way and apparently it's mating season. Great, I can't wait for the pigeon babies to infultrate my apartment as well.

So I made my company softball team. We are the defending champions and I made the cut. :) I'm very excited. If any of you new yorkers want to come and watch our games, they start in June and they are everyt Thursday night. Holla'. Also, if you have any softball tips (Susannah or Biggs in particular) please hook a sista' up!

Shout Outs:
Aliza----best pen pal ever. Great chatting with you last night. Thanks for the wake up call.
Mike---you are such a loyal blog reader even though you leave rogue comments on my entries.
Ron D---for leaving me a good voicemail. TCN baby.

Happy Hump Day!
Love,
Lauren

1 Comments:

  • At Wednesday, April 26, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    so mike and I were talking this morning and both of us dreamed about me calling you. He also dreamed that I called him and then sent him a huge # of text messages. My dream involved calling your house # (which didn't work this morning and thus the reason I called your cell) and leaving about 5 or 6 messages all being different morning sing songs.
    p.s. 32 days

     

Post a Comment

<< Home