Simply Lauren.

one day i'll write a book. but for now, this blog will do.

Thursday, April 20, 2006

Date and Annoying

So---I was debating whether or not to write about my date last night on this thing. There is a part of me that wants to keep stuff a secret but then----it would take the fun away from all you readers that want the dirt about me. So, I'm going to tell you all about my date ok?

First of all, this guy is loaded. He came to pick me up in this phatty brand new beamer. I was like---hmmm...ok. Money doesn't bother me. It's a nice perk, I have to say, but there are so many other factors that are more important. Honestly, it's nice to know that deep down I'm not exactly superficial and that I wouldn't date someone just for their money. Moving on...so we drove down to the village where we ate dinner, at Da Silvanos. It was really cute---plus I love the village. And also I never would have been able to afford dinner there without someone buying it for me.

He was really touchy feely right away which was sort of a turn off. I mean, I don't mind the occasional arm touch or something, but he tried to hold my hand--and did at some point until I would pull it away. It was horribly awkward. Whatever. The date was fun. He's had a really interesting life but he's just in a different stage than me. Which also means, in this circumstance, that he's significantly older than me. Which I wouldn't have minded if we were in the same place in life---or something. But he told me he wanted to retire soon----he's 38---and like do other things, maybe start his own business or something. Not exactly sure. But clearly, he's loaded.

He rides/jumps horses, another product of his wealth I'm certain. You can't do equestrian if you don't have money. He has been all over the world. He's from either Jordan or Iraq---I can't remember and then went to boarding school in Switzerland or something and then went to college in the states at like MIT. So he's a genuis and smart, but still----not on the same life page.

OK, also---this may sound really snobby, but I'm willing to take that chance----he likes me too much. There is no chase, no real fun for me. Let me give you an example: when I got out of the car last night, he was like---I'll call you tomorrow. For most people, that means tomorrow night, if that you know? He calls me at like 9am, and I didn't answer. Then, he calls again at 9:30am, I didn't answer that one either. Finally, he calls again at like 10:30am and I answered and said that I was busy and would have to talk to him later. I mean, it was the truth. But calling me at work before 10 and right after the market opens? Come on! He's like, "call me later, when you have a chance." I wanted to say something like----no, I dont' really want to call you later. But even if I don't, I'm pretty sure that he'll call me again. jesus.

Why can't any cool, awesome, my-age, nice, funny guys want to go out with me?! Why? I always get people who are stalkerish. It's totally annoying.

Ok, that was serious venting and I'm sorry if you thought that was too much inforamtion or if you think differently of me. I guess I'm starting to use this blog to vent about personal things. If you have any advice to offer----that would be great. As to ways I could remedy this situation read: what to do.

I am seeing the chiropractor today. Maybe this visit will provide some much needed happiness and a new found hope with respect to the opposite sex.

Sorry this wasn't funny or witty.

Love you,
Lauren

5 Comments:

  • At Thursday, April 20, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    No no we want the personal venting! Also, we want detailed descriptions of the Italian food you ate last night with your sultan suitor.

     
  • At Thursday, April 20, 2006, Blogger Simply Lauren. said…

    Dinner Menu:
    Appetizer: Salad--pretty standard
    Wine: Cabernet Sauvignon--yummy
    Dinner: Linguini alle Vongole
    Dessert: Fresh fruit/Tiramisu

     
  • At Thursday, April 20, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Where did you meet this guy and why was he driving in the city?

     
  • At Thursday, April 20, 2006, Blogger Simply Lauren. said…

    i met him at the airport. i know---random. and he's rich---and he has two effing cars in the city. rich people have cars in the city i guess, or those with a place to park them.

     
  • At Thursday, April 20, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Girl, I love you but he seems like a total wacko. Anyone too touchy feely and too excited is on something. Clearly you are amazing but it appears he has some issues or is trying to get over someone FAST.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home