Simply Lauren.

one day i'll write a book. but for now, this blog will do.

Monday, April 17, 2006

Easter Weekend and Quotes

Ah----the joys of Easter. So many great things happened! You know...Jesus rising up from the dead, escaping him tomb and all--
and me hanging out with my family and friends!

I guess I have some stories. Carolyn said that I should write more stories on this thing. I sort of thought that's what I was going, but then she mentioned how a lot of other famous blogs write different stories and such. I feel like a lot happened this weekend but when I go and try to verbalize it/write it down---it seems mundane and hard.

Saw the girls this weekend, that was great fun. We went to dinner and then over to Jeff's for poker. I didn't play. Jeff, I'm sorry I left you and that you lost. You can fully blame me. Ben, WTF was up with you dissing me and Leah in the cab?

My favorite part of the night was listening to Ben talk into a tennis racket while me, Alex, and Leah roared with laughter and Andrew just took pictures of us laughing at squinty-eyed Benny.

Also hung out with Nick and Jess on Friday night---it was fun, chill and of course I passed out on the couch, then woke up at 6am and then slept in Bird's bed for the rest of the night.


Memorable Quotes from this weekend:
------------------------
"I'm not going to fold these ok? I don't even know what they're for!"
-my mom regarding my collection of thongs that she just washed.
------------------------
Me: I'm sleeping over at Nick's tonight ok, with Jess. See you.
Papa: Lauren, you know---I threw away that Renu stuff. I'm confiscating it. I don't want you going blind. I'm serious.
Me: Um...ok fine...but you have to buy me new solution since you threw mine away.
Papa: It's a big deal. I don't want to see you using it ever again ok?
Me: OK! Then buy me some new kind!
Papa: Fine, I will.
Me: I'm leaving.

the next morning

Papa: Sorry I came down hard on you about the eye solution.
Me: It's ok. I don't care. Did you get me a new bottle?
Papa: Yes I'm going now. You know, I just don't want you to get an eye infection.
Me: Yeah, I don't exactly have the best track record for those. (if you want to know about me and my eye problems, inquire within)
-------------------------
Bora: Lauren do you want to hear a joke?
Me: Yes. Def.
Bora: Knock, Knock...
Me: Who's there?
Bora: Pizza.
Me: Pizza who?
Bora: The pizza that smushed up on the tree.
Me: ...
Bora: *laughing*
Me: Bora, I don't get it. Did you make that up?
Bora: Yes.
Me: Clearly...

(minutes later, going into pantry to write joke down for blog purposes)

Bora: What are you writing?
Me: I'm writing the joke you just told me down so I remember it.
Bora: Who are you going to tell it to?
Me: My friends.
Bora: But you are going to tell them Bora made it up right?
Me: Yes, Bora. Of course!
--------------------
*Alp, Bora, Berk and I are playing hide and seek---Bora is it*
(One must realize that their idea of hide and seek is me counting to 20, and then playing tag. No hiding is involved really since all we do is run around the house and try and catch each other.)

Me: Bora is coming! Run!
Alp: You don't need to worry---running from Bora? He is the slowest runner ever.
Berk: (he's wearing a diaper and sneakers and nothing else and realizes he can't fully participate in this game b/c he's slower than everyone) Guys, I'm just going to wait here on the porch ok?
---------------------
Bora: Lauren look---it's a fighter!*
*they are REALLY into TopGun right now and everything flying in the sky is a fighter jet plane*
Me: Bora, no it's not.
Bora: Yes, huh...It is. It's Goose.
Me: Goose died. It's not him.
Bora:....with really whiney voice---Lau-ren!
----------------------
*me, playing with Alp's PSP*

Me: Wow, I'm horrible. I can't get the car to stay on the road. This game is stupid.
Alp: Want to see me play, I bet I'm way better than you.
Me: I bet you are, cause if you were worse than me It would be a disgrace.
Alp: See, I can stay on the road.
Me: Well, aren't you cool?
Alp: It's cause I'm a boy. I can play video games better than you.
Me: What?...Well, you're totally right. I suck at video games.
-----------------------
Berk: Lauren?
Me: Yes, what's up?
Berk: Can I go in the attic?
Me: um...what attic? We don't have an attic.
Berk: NO---the attic! Outside!
Me: (look outside, don't see an attic) Oh! the Hammock!
Berk: Yes, the attic! I want to go!
Me: Ok, that's cool. It's called a Hammock though.
-----------------------
*Berk is hanging upside down on a chair, with his head hanging off the seat*
Me: Berk, when you do that I can see up your nose and I can see all the boogers in there.
Berk: (gets up all paranoid about his boogers and checks his nose for them.)
Me: See?
Berk: It's ok, dey are just yittle boogers.
---------------------

I at so much candy and chocolate this weekend. I also was forced to bring a lot home. So if any of you want candy, please come over or let me know and I'll bring you some. Beth, I'm bringing a lot over to your house tomorrow.

SHOUT OUTS!

Susannah: Thanks for calling! It was great to hear from you. :) Made my night!
UPENN Architecture program kids who read/care about my blog--- especially Jeff, Susannah's partner. Thanks for your support!
Becca: Feel better soon! I'm sorry you're sick.
Jesus: Way to be----pulling off only being dead for THREE DAYS! I'm telling you---that is incredible. I'm quite thankful. Although I'm still skeptical of how your girl Mary Magdalene didn't recognize you and thought you were the gardner? What's up with THAT? Didn't she notice your cross wounds?
Mom: I know you don't read this blog (thankfully) but had a great time hanging out/baking with you. xo
Biggs: Thanks for the jewish candy. It was delicious. How did Jason do at golf on Sunday?
Alex: Poker extraordinaire---did you think that guy that was sitting across from me and Jeff was strange? I did. Sorry it took so long for me to get the candy out of the freezer for you.
Leah: so fun seeing/hanging out with you :) xoxoxoxo times a million.
CK: glad we got a chance to hang Friday evening. :) hope you are feeling better. I'm linking your blog today.
Jeff: Thanks for your comfortable lap. :)

Ah, back to the grind.

1 Comments:

  • At Tuesday, April 18, 2006, Blogger caroserey said…

    Had to stay home from work yesterday because my virus finally hit me at 4 AM sunday night but am feeling a little better today. Thanks for thinking of me. Even though in my blog I was referring to my family you could think of us as a 24 cult because we are obsessed with it. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home