Simply Lauren.

one day i'll write a book. but for now, this blog will do.

Friday, April 28, 2006

Freezer and Pranks

TGIF Everyone!

I'm finally consistantly hydrated!
I just went to the bathroom and my pee was light yellow, which is a sign of hydration. I've been drinking a lot of water recently, mostly because I really am obsessed with the flip top on the Evian bottle. I've been reusing the bottle and it's a good incentive to drink when the top is so ergonomically friendly.

Finally bought tickets to two of the films in the Tribeca Film Festival. Going to see one on Sunday and then one next Wednesday night with Jessica. The tickets are like 12 bucks a pop so I really can't afford to see anymore than that---cause of my budget.

MY FREEZER IS BEING FIXED TOMORROW!
My freezer has been broken since October and I FINALLY got off my ass and called the repairman. About some things I'm lazy and about others, I'm not lazy. You don't even know how having a freezer is going to change my life. Things I'm going to put in the freezer.

1. Ice Cream
2. Edamame
3. lasagna from Trader Joes
4. chicken
5. Ice

*New York Fun Fact: Did you KNOW that "Tribeca" is like a sort-of acronym for "Triangle Below Canal" (which is a street downtown)? If you did, that's great! If not, now you know.

---------------------------------------------------
So I've recently become OBSESSED with pranks. One problem is that I have no one to play them on. So I read about them, laugh hysterically, imagine myself doing them, and then----it's enough satisfaction for me. Although, I'm thinking about doing some at MLW this summer. So beware MSEL. :) (wicked laugh) Here are two I'd like to share with you...simple but brilliant.

Prank #1: The Pee Disc
  1. Get one of those aluminum pie plates at the grocery store, pee in it---like half a centimeter full.
  2. Freeze the pee in the freezer
  3. Once, it's frozen, slide it under a door of someone you don't like.
*This prank is perfect for those of you readers still in college.
**This is also best done in the summer or when you know the victim will be away for the weekend, you get the double whammy of having it melt AND evaporate creating a horrific smell.

Prank #2: "Hey, smell this."

*This joke comes in two different varieties but applies the same principle. You either need to get your victim to smell or put their hand over a food item, and then you shove their body part or the food item to precipitate contact between the two.

Objective: to make a mess that will be smeared on the person's body part(s)

Example: You are eating birthday cake (or perhaps a cupcake if you are with me) with some of your friends and you say to one of them with a curious inquisitive expression, "this cake is delicious but the icing sort of smells like fried bananas (or insert other funny/random/non-associated smell)". This will no doubt get the person to wonder how in the world the dessert could smell like bananas when it's a funfetti cake with vanilla icing and they will lean in to take a whiff for themselves.
Now is your chance to strike!
Smack the bottom of the plastic plate/cupcake wrapper with full force, so the cake and frosting smear on their nose and face. You can clearly see how this is hilarious, especially if the person wears glasses or gets the food in their eye causing a stinging sensation.

Clean version (clearly not as fun though...):
Try saying something like, "That newspaper made my hands smell like paint" and when they go to see if their hands smell too, shove their hand in their face.

My favorite one:
Try luring someone to put their hand over a food that is gooeyor slimy like applesauce, pudding, jello, pasta, guacamole) Then say, "geez...feel the heat coming off of this (insert food)". This then will hopefully cause them to put their hand right over the gooey food-----enabling you to slam it right into the dish. Hilarious.


So I hope I've whetted your appetite for pranks with those two examples. I encourage you to try them on people and then report back.

I have to use the bathroom again, so I'm going to end here (one side-effect of drinking a lot of water). Have a fantastic weekend if I don't post.

Love,
Lauren

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home