Simply Lauren.

one day i'll write a book. but for now, this blog will do.

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Weekend and Conjunctiva

Happy Syttende Mai! (Norwegian Independence Day!)
I came to work wearing red and blue face paint in the color of the flag.



*Sike*

Sorry I'm a slacker. I rarely have motivation to write on Monday and I was out yesterday with pink eye so I wasn't at work. Man---so I'm sorry.

I saw a rat last night on the subway tracks. I'm starting to see a pattern in where I actually see the rats in my Urabn Solitare. It's like mostly on the 6 tracks, especially around 59th street. I pretty much always see them on the 6 train. I also----saw like 71280378201 rats hanging out in some trashcans on my walk home from the subway last night. I hate rats. They are gross. But sometimes they look cute digging and sniffing around on the tracks.

AND---I saw a woman with a pet rat on the subway on Monday. It was like Urban Solitaire overload this week. Gosh!

This weekend was pretty fun. Leah was in town for Lindsay's birthday. Friday night we went to this bar on the west side--Jake's Dilemma. It was super fun. I got super drunk. Ted was there. Brian was there and it was just a blast. The pictures from that night are HILARIOUS. Leah and I somehow managed to get into a cab and come home, pig out on pizza we apparently bought from the spanish guy across the street. I was speaking spanish the entire time we were ordering. We both passed out.

I wake up at 5am and Leah isn't in the bed with me---I got into the bathroom expecting to see her sprawled on the bath mat, but she isn't there. She is lying face down, with all her clothes on---on my couch. I just leave here there like a good friend and go back to sleep. We wake up several hours later to the freezer man---ringing the buzzer. I wasn't wearing any pants and I was frantically searching around for some pants to put on. It was horrible. I finally find my jeans and slide them on right as he is knocking at the door. I also kick everything under the couch. He comes, "fixes" my freezer and leaves.

*note about the freezer*
IT
IS
NOT
FIXED.

I mean, unless YOUR freezer sounds like a jackhammer when it's on and cooling....my fucking thing is so loud. Ok, so it freezes the food that's in there, but----hello----the freezer wakes me up at night sometimes b/c it is so loud. UH! I totally 100% need a new freezer.

Later that night, Leah, LB and I headed down to Brooklyn to Katie Garfield and Josh's party. It was fun. Also have funny pics from that night.

Sunday---not much. Did BCG work and straight chilled.

This is boring. I apologize. I'll try and be more funny tomorrow.

Don't hate the playa' hate the game.

SHOUT-OUTS
Jess: for letting me hang out last night
LB: i need to give you your nano back. i have it still
Ron: for being such a playa'
Alp: for being a cool as sh** nephew. :)

Love,
Lauren

2 Comments:

  • At Friday, May 19, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wait was her pet rat on a leash? Or in a cage? Did she look like a lunatic? Please provide more details!

     
  • At Friday, May 19, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    does syttende mai mean may 17? happy independence day and congrats on joining the SoN. sounds totally cool!
    but DUDE, i was at all those events this w/e (maybe not the freezer fix) and i don't even get a mention??? wtf! j/k. anyway....... some freak-o-rama read my blog and wrote this long-ass comment refuting something i said and it was so retarded because a) he was retarded and taking our blog (which, correct me if i'm wrong, is for US) way too seriously, and b) the shit he said wasn't even right. so now i have some anonymous enemy out there. quailtard.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home