Simply Lauren.

one day i'll write a book. but for now, this blog will do.

Friday, May 12, 2006

Grumpy and Skeelo Tribute

It's Friday but to me it doesn't feel like Friday. I woke up at like 5:30am to the sound of my freezer fan grinding like crazy. I pretty much thought that the whole thing was going to explode.

Also I was having sort of a bad day yesterday and it's moving over to today and plus it's raining and some water from a bus got on my pants this morning and that just made me annoyed.

I guess I should be excited b/c tonight is LB's bday bash downtown and Leah is coming and staying w/me. I am excited for that. But just not for anything else.

I did go running yesterday. I'm glad I did, but it was then when I noticed that my effing earphones for my iPod weren't working right. One of them doesn't work. I have to get new earphones. Do you know how much they cost? Yeah---40 effing bucks. I am going to see if they have them for cheaper at like Best Buy or something. WTF? 40 dollars for those ear bud shits? Jesus.

I can't really easily run today b/c it's raining and gross, and Leah is coming so I won't have time anyway. I'll run tomorrow or something, maybe I'll just lift. I'm in the zone for running.

I'm tired and grumpy. I hate today----even though I should love today, b/c it's Friday.

I wish I had my way
'cause every day would be a Friday
and you could even speed on the highway.
I would play ghetto games,
name my kids ghetto names...
Little Mookie, big Al, Lorraine.
Yo you know that's on the real.
So if you're down on your luck
Then you should know just how I feel
Cause if you don't want me around...
See I go simple, I go easy, I go greyhound!

Hey, you, what's that sound?
Everybody look what's going down
Ahhhh, yes, ain't that fresh?
Everybody wants to get down like that.

So---yesterday I had to go buy shoes. I know, you are like---Lauren, you are poor, why are you buying shoes? But the thing is---I HAVE to, all my work shoes are wearing out. I even have to throw away my cute pink kenneth cole shoes that I bought for my first day at LB back in Philly----the pink is wearing off and it looks trashy----and it's just sad. So, I bought two pairs yesterday and a pretty I bought this cute pair of brown sling backs with these cute tassles and this pair of like nautical shoes that are blue. I LOVE them. Plus, those were only like 30 bucks---on sale baby at Nine West. Now I don't have any money for food! Ha!

Just kidding. Though, I'm low on funds for the next week until I get paid again. I'm laying low this weekend. There is this $35 all you can drink for LBs party tonight and I'm not even sure I should pay 35 bones for that. Which is a shame. I might have to like only have three drinks and call it a night. Still undecided. In Lauren's OLD WAYS, I would have done that in two seconds. But when you pretty much are limiting yourself all around, it's hard to justify $35 bones on a night of drinking when you eat eggs every night or don't eat dinner at all. But again, who knows. Actually, I've decided i'm going to spend the 35 bucks----I mean, it's LBs bday and it's going to be really fun.

Sorry for this depressing entry.

Love,
Lauren

3 Comments:

  • At Friday, May 12, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am rather pissed at apple right now too- for one, my earphones are doing the same thing and for two, neither of my ipods (yes two, but one was free with my computer) are working either. I feel you friday should be a good day but it feels pretty crappy stupid rain - and sadly I move out today - also a sad/happy moment AH! p.s. look forward to your first carepackage - it will be sent out next week when I'm home <3!

     
  • At Friday, May 12, 2006, Blogger Simply Lauren. said…

    thanks for your sympathy. good luck moving and i can't WAIT until my care package. :)

     
  • At Saturday, May 13, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    LBs bash had to be a good one. Did you paint the town red? And stop being down, that's not the Lauren I know... do I need to come up there and set you straight?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home