Simply Lauren.

one day i'll write a book. but for now, this blog will do.

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Checkered Cab and Roach

So as I was walking to catch the bus home yesterday---I saw a checkered cab. Funny thing about checkered cabs in New York City----you aren't allowed to drive one. All cabs have to be standard bright yellow. So, this reminded me of a story...

When Dave and I were dating, I guess he found this information online or in some article or something. But it was about this really effing old guy who drives around in his checked cab in NYC, mostly on the west side, giving people rides. He doesn't charge anything because he's not allowed to b/c he's driving an illigal non-standard cab. Initially, when Dave sent me the article, I was very skeptical that I would ever see him while in NY. But----last night I did. There was this really really old guy driving a checkered cab and all of his liscence plates were like "Free Rides" and some other stuff about how he won't charge you. In the article Dave gave me, it said that people usually give him a great tip since his cab is so flippin' cool. Now let me move onto the point of the story...

I had this incredible urge to call Dave and just be like, "I just wanted to let you know but I just saw the checkered cab." But, I don't know his phone number or anything, obviously I deleted all the contact information I have for him. I also REALLY don't have an interest in talking to him at all. I don't even want to like hear his voice. BUt----I still wanted to tell him that. So I had the brilliant idea of calling Annabelle to tell her to give Dave the message. But, that was also quickly nixed. The thing is, why am I so stupid? I don't want to call Dave and I don't want to talk to him at all. Yet, WHY was I so keen on letting him know about the effing checkered cab that I saw that reminded me of him and that effing article we read?! It's totally annoying. I mean, I have the guts to like completely cut him off and never talk to him for like six months and then I want to call him about a cab?!

Don't worry, I didn't call him. He doesn't know about the checkered cab. Unless he reads this blog, but I'm extremely positive he doesn't blog-stalk me. He's too cool for that stuff. And he doesn't know the URL.

That was my semi-serious part of the entry. I'm really glad about my choice.

Additionally, I got on the bus and I was sitting next to the center rotating part. There were these two girls that looked up at the accordian connecting part and like screeched and moved seats. They were French or Jewish or something b/c I didn't understand what they were saying. I looked over at what they were looking/screeching at and it was a effing roach. A roach on a bus? That is so nasty?! What is going on here!? I too, moved my seat so I wasn't as close to the disgusting dirty roach.

I went home and changed into running clothes. I wanted to go running b/c I was like uber pumped for some reason. So I turned up the 50 cent and ran for like 2 miles around Central Park. It was good, I'm glad I did it. It didn't even rain that much, which I was glad about.

Then I went home, ate an apple, showered and changed and headed down to 44th and 9th to watch the finale of Veronica Mars===which by the way, was phenomenal. I was in such a good mood after that. I went home, read and then passed out. And life goes on...

I'm having a good day so far although it's only 8am. Things could definintely change. Though I hope not. I have lots of MLW stuff to do---hopefully I'll get some of it done today and tonight. I'm pretty tired though, a recent trend with me. When am I ever going to get some rest? I think never b/c I always choose to NOT sleep over sleeping. I think it's time for some shout outs, it's been a while.

SHOUT OUTs:
Beth: So much fun last night. I heatt VMars.
China: Cn't wait for our lunch date this week! Beaver sucks!
Cam: CONGRATS on graduating---and it was nice to finally meet Mark.
Sunday night dinner crew: It was nice to have dinner with the elite. :) Get boosted for summer, it's going to be a killer time.
Ron: I know you are obsessed with txt messaging but you are a bit excessive. Thanks. Oh, and the next time you are in NYC, you better do something other than like txt me saying "i'm waving to you." or some other BS.
Dave: I saw a checkered cab. But I still never want to talk to you ever again.
JB: I promise I'll write you an email today with all the stuff that's going on w/me.
Mike Connelly: I heart you. I'm so happy we are like working together in every possible way this summer. :)

Happy Hump Day!
Love,
Lauren

2 Comments:

  • At Wednesday, May 10, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    you didn't call him, directly or by proxy because you are determined to not be beholden to him in any perceptible manner.

    you thought of him when you saw the checkered cab because it was a unique experience you shared with him. in many ways, this makes the experience more visceral because, simply put, it's bittersweet. you finally saw this cab and the one person with whom you could / should / need to share it -- the one person who would truly understand - is the same person you have sworn off for a plethora of excellent reasons.

    so, now, it is a personal experience that you can own thanks to another personal experience that just happened to be sweet once.

     
  • At Wednesday, May 10, 2006, Blogger Simply Lauren. said…

    thanks :) that was a great comment.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home