Simply Lauren.

one day i'll write a book. but for now, this blog will do.

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Film Festival and Mexican

Man I'm tired this morning. I didn't even go to bed THAT late. I think it was just because I had a long day yesterday and when it was finally over, I crashed. But, a lot of fun things happened yesterday, so it's totally not a big deal about me being tired today. I barely remember taking a shower this morning. I was still asleep I think.

CONGRATULATIONS TO JESS ON GETTING INTO NYU NURSING SCHOOL!!!! I KNEW YOU WOULD GET IN!!!! YAY!!!!!

I gladly dropped off my cupcake with my chiropractor after work and then chatted with him a bit. He helped my with my knee problems that are onset by my running. I hope that my knee won't hurt when I run this afternoon. It's supposed to be like 77 deg. today. I've been hating the weather recently because it's pretty much NOT spring. It's like freezing and stupid and I just want it to actually be warm, not fake-overcast-freezing warm. You know what I mean?

On the subway as Jess and I were heading downtown----there was this old guy like listening to hard rock on his iPod. Do you want to know how I know that? Maybe because he was going to make himself deaf (and the rest of the subway train) by having the volume up so high. Plus, one annoying thing was that even when there were like a million inches of room next to him, enough to fit another person or two on his other side, he refused to move down and give me some breathing room, not to mention, letting Jessica sit down next to me. Jerk-off.

We ate dinner at this tex-mex place and had a few drinks, $2 miller lights. But first there were $3 house vodka drinks and I didn't want vodka/tonic or vodka/cranberry so I was thinking about what else goes w/vodka and so I ordered vodka/sprite. Don't ever order that. It tastes like fecal matter. I promptly asked for a beer instead. The beer was fantastic. Then we watched the Yankees game and didn't cheer for them of course because we hate the Yankees. We hung out there for a while and then walked over to the theatre that was a little farther downtown.

So anyway, a funny MOM story. So, while we were waiting in line to get into the theatre, I called my mom to tell her about how Jess got into NYU and this is the conversation we had:

Me: Mom...guess what? Jess got into NYU Nursing school!!!
Mom: Oh! That's so great! She'll be a great nurse. Tell her congratulations!
Me: Yeah, it's so exciting. I'm so happy for her.
Mom: And she'll stay in New York! (dead serious voice) Oh, maybe you can be her guinea pig for when she has to practice shots and stuff.
Me: What? No, mom. Hell no. Are you kidding?
Mom: Well, no I wasn't but maybe you could help her study!
Me: Yeah, I'll help her study not gladly let her give me random shots.

The movie we saw was good. It was called, "I want someone to eat cheese with" It had Sara Silverman in it. And that dude from Curb your Enthusiasm. It was funny at some parts, but a lot of the time I laughed on the inside.

I CRUSHED Urban Solitaire yesterday as I was coming home from the movie with Jess. When I was in the 59th St station, I saw TWO rats. One GIANORMOUS one and one smallish one. It was so great. The 6 train tracks are always a winner.

Love,
Lauren

P.S. Happy People's Holiday for you all in Japan!
P.P.S I'm SO looking forward to Cinco de Mayo party tomorow night at 99John. Whoop.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home