Simply Lauren.

one day i'll write a book. but for now, this blog will do.

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Lack of Posts and Weekend

So sorry about my lack posting yesterday. One would think that I would have the motivation to post on Monday to get out what I did over the weekend and the like, but tis false. Usually on Monday I'm really busy at work and doing other things so I don't have the concentration ability to write a good entry.

I have a FIVE things to say though.

1. I hate David Blaine. I am so glad he failed and his stupid drowning alive stunt. He is so annoying and I hate that the media just LOVES him. He sucks. Why would you effing want to be in a sphere full of water. What a attention-craving loser.
2. The guy in the mailroom that I'm "friends" with from Guatamala asked me out. Yikes. I had to tell him no. I felt bad. He still comes by my desk all the time asking how I am.
3. I still hate pigeons. In case you were wondering.
4. Molly also sucks. Again, she has MAD issues. MAD issues. I'm not looking forward to seeing her at all.
5. I ate asparagus on Saturday night and my pee stank for like three days. It was an abnormally long time for the pee-smell to linger. My boss Mike suggested that it was b/c I was dehydrated. Oh well---it smells no longer.


OK, so this weekend----was nuts!
Friday night I went over to LB, Katie and Jak's apt. for a Cinco de Mayo fiesta. I was all ready to get drunk and have fun. I don't want to go into a lot of detail on this night, but it was fun, until the end. Sorry for those of you that don't know the story but I don't want to keep re-hashing it.

Saturday night, woke up w/ a bit of a hangover, but I got to sleep in for a little bit. Then I met Courtney, Deb, and Lil Court by Times Square for lunch. We were going to see Mamma Mia. We had third row seats and it was amazing! Luckily I loved ABBA BEFORE I went and saw the show. It was super fun. Then we all drove back to Philly. I was spending the night at Court's house. We went to Eileen's house for a party. It was like an adult party---cause all of Court's friends are ahem---adults. But they are pretty cool 38 year olds. They pretty much still talk about the same things as my friends do---sex, friends, stuff they are buying. Everything minus the kids and like homemaking stuff. It was cool and restored my faith that I will remain cool throughout my years. :)

Funny anecdote: Justin, Court's little 4 year old son was in the truck, which is a HUGE Yukon, with me and Courtney driving home from Eileen's house. Steve had driven Brian and Tyler in his car. We had forgotten Lil Courtney. So Court stops the car and is like, "Courtney!" And she's like---oh, we'll go back and get her. Rob Walker calls and is like, "there is a name for this---it's called 'Home Alone'" It was too funny. Then Justin goes---"we'll just tell her there wasn't enough seats." It was HYSTERICAL. Seeing that there were like 8 empty seats in the car. Anyway, I know I did a bad job of telling the story but it really was funny.

Sunday morning---woke up, got ready to catch the train back to DC---barely made the train and slept the whole way down there. The PB meeting was productive. I feel like MLW is already in full swing, when really---it's not at all.

The kids at the Boys and Girls Club (BGC) were way better last night. Some kids really wanted to join the program, but I told them no since there were already so many kids. We were in the computer lab typing resumes. They did a pretty good job I think. It was crazy. Every five seconds it was like, "Miss! I need help!" or "Lauren! I need your help." But----next week we'll start the interviewing and communication skills so I think it'll be more fun than writing resumes.

*Last Night*-- I had a dream about Matt Baker, my OC. He was British though and was as cute in the dream as he was in real life. We were like "in Harry Potter" or something. And were in some sort of mansion. Anyway, I was like complaining that I couldn't find a place to live and Matt said he was looking for a new place in July and that he would "try me out" by living with me for two months before moving in with me. Clearly, I gladly accepted. I woke up and was so happy before I realized it was all a dream....*sigh*

Sorry for the lame entry. I'll be more creative tomorrow. There is so much pressure...

Love,
Lauren

1 Comments:

  • At Tuesday, May 09, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ugh I also DESPISE that publicity-whore. My dream was that not one single person would show up at his big finale, so when he emerged panting and weak he was just greeted with the sound of silence. I HATE how he always says "Thanks to all my fans, I love you guys!" and "I do this for the people." Why do these imbeciles keep encouraging him?! GET A LIFE PEOPLE!!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home