Simply Lauren.

one day i'll write a book. but for now, this blog will do.

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Fire Engine Red and iPods

So---last night was my final painting endeavor, at least for my bathroom. My "Licorice Stick" red Behr paint was ready to be spread all over the walls. It looks really good I think. Is it a professional job? Absolutely not, but it looks great and this weekend my bathroom is getting a makeover and it's going to look the bomb. I can't wait until it's remodeled. And keep in mind that when I say remodeled, I mean, that I went to the Container Store and got some stuff for it to make it look cute and Lauren-esque.

I was going to go straight home and paint my bathroom but LB emailed me like right as I was leaving and asked if I wanted to go to kate's for a drink. Also that Katie was going to come. Of course I had to say yes. So----$1 Bud Lights it was for about an hour. Then Katie was hungry, and so was I (crap! I just remembered I had leftovers in the fridge that I was going to eat today for lunch---bummer!) so we went to Blockheads, this amazing burrito place in NYC. I got rice, beans, and chicken---very reminiscant of PR. :)

One thing I'm PISSED off about is my iPod. Right now, it is non-functional. It all started in Puerto Rico on the plane. I took out my iPod and it didn't turn on at all. It was weird. I deducted that it must have been left on for a while and then eventually died. Though now I think that was not the case. When LB, Katie and I were at Kate's yesterday I pulled out my iPod to find out the name of a Red Hot Chili Peppers Album---it was "By the Way" BTW..... and my iPod was SO HOT. Like I could barely hold it. And to top it off, it wouldn't turn on and it was dead. WTF----I still had hope that it would work. When I eventually got home, I plugged it into the wall to charge it and the little apple sign came up after I toggled back and forth on the machine, but then it would go away and would be replaced by the battery sign with the lightening bolt. But it didn't move back and forth like it was charging. Then it would go away. I hate hate it right now. If it is broken, which I'm going to find out today when I go to the Apple store, I not only have to buy a new camera, but a new fucking iPod. Why?! Why?! I really can't hang with all this broken/stolen technology.

Sorry for my venting.

At least my bathroom is a cool color.
I think I need to buy a cute plant/flower for my desk. It is a sad desk. I still haven't fully decorated. My day sucks.

Wish me luck at the Apple store.

Love,
Lauren

1 Comments:

  • At Thursday, September 07, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    my ipod crapped out on me and they just flat out replaced it. So that's a possiblity... and then my other one wouldn't charge or turn on and they fixed it - because they are geniuses. So good luck, and hopefully they are as amazing for you as they were for me.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home