Simply Lauren.

one day i'll write a book. but for now, this blog will do.

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Pre-Trip Excitement and Action Plans

Most people get really excited about their vacations that they are about to take. I too, am excited but you know that feeling you get when you have like 18293890321 other things to worry about before the actual excitement sets in? Well, that's how I'm feeling now I guess. A lot of you are probably wondering what the hell "Action Plans" is in the title of today's entry. Well, as part of MLW we have this time that is called committees. This year Jose and I were in charge of the committee called "school teams". In this particular committee there were groups of about 4 kids from four different schools that came and met to plan something they could change or implement for their school. Anyway, the kids came up with some great ideas and at the end of the week, kept a copy for themselves and handed one to me.

Somehow, they were misplaced. We need them for a grant that is really important and now I have to somehow get them back. So far, I've gotten two of them and I called another school and hopefully the action plan will be emailed to me today. Anyway, this whole thing has generally stressed me out because I do not lose things nor am I irresponsible. So---that was annoying.

Once all that shenenigans gets reconciled, I'll be a lot more excited for Puerto Rico. I don't have as much work to do today so that's been a nice change. This entire week has been horrid and I've been working my ass off. Technically it's still summer, and summer is generally slow and so I was annoyed about that as well.

Today I have to finish packing, take care of some errands, and make sure everything is in order before I leave. I act like I'm going on vacation for a long time but really it's just for the weekend. I just don't want to forget anything. I think Jess and I are going to bring down some snacks/food---at least for the plane ride.

I think it's time for another list don't you think?

Things I am currently missing (physically, not mentally) right now:
  1. MLW
  2. my booooooooooooooooooooooots
  3. the IC
  4. my power drill
  5. my family
  6. NYC 008 crew
  7. a pet
  8. having a hard core tan
  9. all the boys I have crushes on
  10. cupcakes

Please don't forget to submit questions to Dr. Bora!!!!! We are running low on fuel.

He will resume when I get back from PR on Tuesday!

Happy Labor Day everyone! Enjoy the long weekend!

Love,

Lauren

1 Comments:

  • At Friday, September 01, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dear Dr. Bora-

    I just broke up with my boyfriend and need a way to fill my free time.

    Sincerely,
    Single

     

Post a Comment

<< Home