Simply Lauren.

one day i'll write a book. but for now, this blog will do.

Friday, July 14, 2006

Computer Genius and Stomach

A few things. I think that there should be a function on your computer that allows you to highlight a block of text and then "CAPS LOCK" it---and vice versa. It's totally annoying when you are typing and you aren't looking at the screen and when you finally do, you notice that the entired paragraph is written capital letters. Wouldn't it be so nice to change that? I told my co-worker Vijai about my idea and I suggested I email Bill Gates about working on the problem. He said that it's some coding issue and b/c the computer recognizes....

OK, see, I'm already bored of his explanation of why it can't be done. I personally think that if we can make underwater cameras, and like prosthetic limbs, and go to the moon---why can't we effing make a caps lock highlight function?!

I'm off my soap box.

This week has been really busy--lots of MLW stuff to do and take care of before this weekend. It's really overwhelming. Not to mention my real job. I also still need to bring in things to decorate my desk. Oh, by the way---for the record, that TO DO list I made, I did NONE of the things on it. That's how much NO time I have. Today at work I'm going to try and finish everything up, but seeing as if half the day is already gone and I supposedly have plans tonight I don't know whether or not this is going to happen. One funny thing is that I actually went back to look at the list that I made of the things I need to do to see if there was actually something on the list I did. I did actually do nothing on the list. Not one damn thing. I just made a list and then did jack shit of it. I'm useless.

So my and small committee are planning SAIL. This has to be done before site so that the delegates get hyped and everyone is like "on-board". I was really happy to do this seeing as if I really am on top of my game and have been really productive recently and that I have loads of time. Riight. Luckily, we are practically finished and as soon as site comes around, there will be no more really hard core issues relating to SAIL. Thanks to Ron for the reminder/kick in the a$$.

I'm starting to get that stomach pain that I get when I'm really stressed out. I always get really bad stomach pain/cramps/dry heaving/throwing up, when I'm stressed out. I have gotten this since college. The lady downstairs at the health center gave me Mylanta. She also suggested that I go see a doctor for help. I don't have a doctor in NYC. I didn't really have a doctor in Philly either. I can't remember the last time I had an actual physical. I've been to the Emergency Room more often than a doctor.

Now I'm just starving. I need to eat something. I want to "eat fresh". I kill me! I'm going to Subway---like now.

Softball last night was so much fun. We won---of course. Except, I'm not going to lie when I say that it was a tough game. The final score was 12-9. It was not anyone's best performance. Except for Tessa, who is my GIRL. She had a great hit and then eventually got home. I, on the otherhand. Had a hit right to the pitcher, and I got out. And then---the second time I was up---I had a nice line drive over by third but they were too quick for me---and again, I got out. Boo---drinks and wings after at Brother Jimmy's. Was a fun time as usual. Wasn't as late of a night as the first game, although this morning I was not feeling on my game.

Seriously though, I am going to eat now.

Love,
Lauren

P.S. TGIF.

3 Comments:

  • At Friday, July 14, 2006, Blogger caroserey said…

    I doubt this is the solution you are looking for but there is a way to change lower case text into all CAPS. If you type a line of all CAPS because the CAPS LOCK key is on you can't change back to lower case but if you type in the line all lower case you can go back and forth all you want. In Word go to Format and then Font. Click ALL CAPS. To go back to lower case Click the ALL CAPS off. Hope this helps.

     
  • At Tuesday, July 18, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    in word, shift + F3 toggles between all caps, lowercase, and capital case.

     
  • At Thursday, February 08, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    How clever to respond in all CAPS!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home