Simply Lauren.

one day i'll write a book. but for now, this blog will do.

Monday, July 10, 2006

Zidane and Building

First things first---HAPPY 24th BIRTHDAY BETHY!!! I love you! I can't wait to see you tonight!

I'm still in disbelief about the game yesterday. Zidane, my favorite player on the field yesterday, whom I've loved for a while--Real Madrid times, lost his opportunity to leave the field and his career with honor and glory. Instead he left like a jack ass. I've been reading things about what Mazarrati must have said to him and people "claim" that he said something about not liking "brie and baguettes", which I think it kind of lame and not true, but I'd like to think that he said something really awful to at least PROVOKE Zidane.

Another thing that I'm totally annoyed about: my co-workers. They are all republican and therefore inherently anti-French. Which is so ignorant b/c if they are thinking about politics and stuff---why are they for like whack-ass Italy? It's just so hypocritical and annoying, that no matter what the french do, they get shat on by the dumb-asses at my office. It is so obnoxious that

My mom loves me. Read an excerpt from an email she just sent me this morning. Gotta love her.

"A white pair of panties was left behind -- my fault... I didn't get them out of the dryer for you. But I know you have backup, so I'll just leave it on your bed."

My mom doesn't know I write about her on the blog, so best to keep it quiet if you are ever in her presence. Thanks in advance.

So a building blew up today in New York, on 62nd in between Madison and Park Ave. Everyone keeps emailing me if I'm ok. Yes, I am. Thanks for your concern. They think someone was trying to commit suicide by causing a natural gas leak and then the whole thing backfired, literally. I think the super was hurt but no one died I don't think.

What am I eating for lunch today? I think i'm going to have a BLT with Avocado. Yum. I had that last week an it was amazing. I might also get some Pirates Booty. That shit is delicious! This entry isn't that great.

I am sad the World Cup is over----to echo Charlie's comments I guess. We were talking about it yesterday.

Oh, I'm supposed to give Jared a shout-out. I promised him I would. So---Jared, thanks for hanging out with me on Saturday and buying me beer and crab dip. You rule. Thanks for also making me get my hands dirty by touching the newspaper to stuff the fence. The kids better have realized what a sacrifice I made that night.

I need to do work and MLW.

Love you all,
Lauren

2 Comments:

  • At Tuesday, July 11, 2006, Blogger chiniqua said…

    Seriously, I think my productivity has been cut in half because I spend so much time reading articles about Zizou. I thought it would end after the final, but I can't stop. Did you read the rumor that he might come play for the Red Bulls? How insane would that be? We'd have to go out to the Meadowlands or something (shudder).

     
  • At Wednesday, July 12, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    OK, I was rooting for the French because the Italians flops and whine too much. As for ZZ, I was disappointed and knowing that he had a temper but understanding the moment, it must have been horrible. It does not justify it but he didn't lose the game. Why does the coach take out Henry when it is going to Penalty Kicks? UGH! I'm sad it's over - now I have to shift my focus at work back to actually doing work. What has this world come to?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home