Simply Lauren.

one day i'll write a book. but for now, this blog will do.

Thursday, June 01, 2006

Indochine and Broken Promises

Good morning,

I first want to apologize to Derryck for not giving him a shout out. I was supposed to give him a shout out yesterday, but I forgot. He claims I lied about it, but the reality is, that it totally slipped my mind.

For Derwood and all who are curious about my opinions on DVC:
I liked the Da Vinci Code. I thought that there were aspects that were really well done. But I have to say, I was interested in a person's reaction that HADn't seen the movie, such as yourself. The book, since you didn't read it, was written like a movie. I even remember as I was reading it, thinking about who was going to play Robert Langdon and how the movie would be done. As with most book gone films---they had to cut stuff out. I think they made good choices about what to cut out, though there were times where I was confused. In the book (which you should read) there is a second cryptex and also more romance b/t Sophie and Robert (which I'm def glad they took out of the movie).

What I really liked about the movie: Ok, so in the book when you find out that Leigh Teibing or whatever his name is is "bad". It's horrifying. I mean, he's much more of a bad guy and evil in the book. In the movie he was bad and you know, we was going to shoot robert and sophie and everything to get the cryptex, but he still had a reverence for Robert because he knew that he would ultimately finish the quest of finding the grail. Also----the "crooked" cop was good in the movie b/c you didn't get the idea that he was REALLY bad, unlike the book, and then he ultimately turns out to be good. So---he was a nice auxillary character. Also, Arringarosa was way more complex in the book I though. But that scary actor (I forget his name, the one from the spiderman movies) was a good choice for him. Anyway----those are my two cents.

Softball is getting underway. We have practice next week---should be interesting. I'm so boosted though. And I know that you are all tired of hearing about how excited I am about playing. But too bad. You choose to read this blog voluntarily.

Last night the girls decided to get together and surprise Katie for her birthday at this restaurant downtown---east villageish--called Indochine. It was really good and Katie was TOTALLY 100% surprised. It was a ton of fun. That's pretty much all I had to say about that. I had these really good "ravioli" that were more like dumplings with deliciousness inside them. I also had some like roasted banana for dessert with Beth and LB that scrumptious. Let's see-----tonight i'm going up to Harlem to volunteer at the BGC for a bit. Helping out with job interview prep, but for a different program than the one I run. It's at a different center up there. I also have to pack for another visit to MD for MLW.

I have to say, traveling every effing weekend is going to get old real fast. I might retire from MLW one summer so that I can actually have free weekends. I can't remember summer with free weekends. Maybe when I was a toddler.

Holla back!
Love,

Lauren

P.S Check this link out for DISGUSTING recipes! I can't believe the people from weight watchers actually thought people would like these!
http://www.candyboots.com/wwcards.html

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home