Simply Lauren.

one day i'll write a book. but for now, this blog will do.

Friday, September 24, 2010

Online Class & Dressing

Brian just gave me a hard time over email about not blogging. I am in a lull right now since I'm off this period and am trying to focus on doing this online class for reading which is so stupid. I'm trying to post responses to the other people in my class about their postings. It's so fake.

"Ryan, I really loved how you talked about illustrations in books you read when you were younger, I too loved looking at pictures as well as the words and following along."

Barf in a cup. That's how it is though. It's supposedly a hybrid class and the online parts and more difficult than the in-class parts. SO OBNOXIOUS. :)

So my mentor teacher is out of town until October 4th. It's good and it's bad. I really like that I can teach the class fully but it's also hard b/c I have to do everything and my 7th period is full of crazies. Today we are going to try and use the computers to type up essay's but...we'll see.

I just finished re-vamping some plans for Monday so I feel psyched about the class. I'm going to incorporate art and stuff into the lesson and do a compare and contrast of Athens vs. Sparta in that way. I'm going to have them predict things too and also maybe do some awesome activities. YAY for art history incorporation into social studies!

It baffles me how some teachers dress. I mean, I know that on Friday we are allowed to wear jeans but...some of the things that are worn are so unprofessional. For example, the teacher who is teaching right now in my classroom is wearing a Ravens jersey, like tevas (barf in a cup again) and some shorts. Yes, fucking shorts. She sucks and so does her outfit. Jeans = with a slash cargo shorts.

Psyched for this weekend but also I have so much work to do! Grad school is tougher than I thought!

Love to you all!
xo, SL

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home