Simply Lauren.

one day i'll write a book. but for now, this blog will do.

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

DD and General Life

I've basically become obsessed with Dunkin Donuts Iced Coffee. I mean, I was pretty much obsessed before but now it's part of my daily routine, not just something I like to drink when it's hot outside or I have a craving of sorts. It's an absolute part of my mornings. Not so sure as to how this really affects my or my blog or if it's something you are even interested in, but I thought i'd mention it.

This week (like, the last two days) has left me feeling back to New York normal. I am doing the things I used to do before MLW took over my life and smothered me. I am busy with my usual deluge of extra curricular activities. This whole marathon training is still taking over my life, don't get me wrong, but it's way more manageable I think. It's more of a daily exercise than this chore that I think I felt it was before. It may also have to do with the fact that my endurance has totally skyrocketed. It's pretty much a joke for me to run 5-6 miles. I used to train for races that were that distance, but now it's like my "easy" low mileage runs during the week. It's ALMOST amusing. I think I need to become a better stretcher. I tried to stretch on the grass next to the Met yesterday after my run, but when I stood up to walk back home I got this horrible itchy feeling on the back of my legs and it was so horrible that I'm probably never going to sit on grass again in my life. I hate grass.

So what ELSE is going on? I get to see Jake this weekend which is pretty exciting considering I haven't seen him since that one time back in July that I made the trek up to the catskills to hang out with him for about a day and a half. We have a pretty fun weekend planned though I have to say. We are going to KINGS DOMIONION!!!!! I seriously can't even remember the last time I was there so I'm totally boosted. :) yay! We are going to also make a cameo at the pool on Saturday after I run 13 miles that morning. Should be fun and relaxing.

So---one thing that is on my mind now---funnily enough, is that today is Matt's last day at work. You all remember Matt right? My lovely office crush that I sit very close to. He got into business school at Emory and he's starting in a few weeks. It's really weird. We are pretty close even though we aren't BFF really. I'm going to miss him and thinking too hard about this being his last day is frustrating and makes me sad. Is this normal? I mean, I am totally setting aside the fact that he's my office crush. When you work near someone for a bunch of hours each day it seems like you have this inate closeness that when taken away, seems awkward and foreign. Whatever, I'm being way too much of a weirdo about this. Sorry to take your time.

In other news, my Gator's softball team is probably the most pimp team on the planet right about now. Yeah, we are going to the finals for the first time in franchise history. That's right. I'd like to say that it's because of me but obviously that would be a prevarication. I played like crap during our semi-final win. I think I need to play second base. I think I'm pretty good at stopping the ball. I want to try in the finals game. Whatever. I'm so over talking about softball.

I miss my MLW friends a lot. I'm really jealous b/c they all get to hang out down in MD and DC. The only problem is that I love NYC so much that I really don't want to move down to MD anytime soon. Work, etc. is going so well and i love all my friends here that I can't really consider moving to MD. In fact....I just renewed my lease on my apartment yesterday ---exciting stuff people.

Ok, I'm really procrastinating and I need to get back to work.

A shout out to my IC!

Love,
Lauren

1 Comments:

  • At Wednesday, August 15, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hi lauren! thought you'd like to know that starting this month you'll be able to buy packaged dunkin donuts coffee in grocery stores across the country. enjoy!

    http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/D/DUNKIN_DONUTS_PG?SITE=MAFAL&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

     

Post a Comment

<< Home