Simply Lauren.

one day i'll write a book. but for now, this blog will do.

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Banquet and BNB

Today is weird. I'm having a fat day. Fuck, I'm having a fat week and it's annoying. I've also been busy every single night with something so going to the gym has been somewhat impossible for me. Not that I necessarily would have wanted to go to the gym even if I did have time, but it's nice to genuinely be able to blame NOT going on something legit. Uh. Swimsuit season. Gotta love it and gotta hate it at the same time. Whatever I have no will power to diet---I could NEVER be anorexic.

Last night was quite eventful. I left work right at 5 to rush up to Harlem, there was an end of the year banquet for the kids up at the center (Boys and Girls Club). They get awards and special people are recognized and everything. I had to get up and present awards for the kids in my class. They were all so cute all dressed up and everything. Anyway, I was there all night practically. I got on the phone, chatted with Leah for like an hour and then...

...finished watching Bad News Bears. No, not the one from 1976 that I normally watch weekly, the new one with Billy Bob Thornton. I have to say, I prefer the original. I think that they did a good job with the remake. Yes, it was a good movie but I'd much rather watch Walter Mathau deal with the crazy 70s kids. Greg Kinnear is also a great actor and he also does a super job in the flick. So to be honest, I was really excited about seeing it and being able to compare it to the first one, but in fact, the first one clearly outranks it. (sorry about the lack of antecedent clarity, but it's early and I don't feel like being too cognizant of such things).

This weekend is going to be nuts---i'll write about it tomorrow.

Oh---I forgot to tell you! So, Britt convinced me that I should sign up for this thing called Focus Pointe where you take these survey's every once and a while and then if you are lucky, they pick you to come in for a focus group and talk about TV for like two hours. They pay you like 75-100 or more bucks to participate. I FINALLY got picked! Tonight I'm going to talk about TV (since i watch SO much) and I get paid 100 buckaroos! I'm really excited about it. If any of you want to try it, or want me to forward you the email, let me know.

OK, back to work.

Love,
Lauren

P.S Leah and Beth---have safe trips to Cali!

3 Comments:

  • At Thursday, May 25, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    that focus group sounds real scary. are you sure it isn't another cult? or a gang? or a drug circle?... in nyc, i'd be scared of anything.

     
  • At Thursday, May 25, 2006, Blogger Simply Lauren. said…

    no, it's perfectly safe. thanks for your concern though. :)

     
  • At Thursday, May 25, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I do those focus pointe groups all the time to make easy cash. Make sure to sign up in mutliple names b/c you are only supposed to do them once every 3 months...but a girl's got to eat right...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home